ASSISTANT NEWS EDITOR | THE DAILY NEXUS (UC SANTA BARBARA) | FEBRUARY 2019 – PRESENT
- Oversee news staff writers, assigning stories and editing their work, leading weekly print nights and daily online publication
- Lead coverage of Associated Students and UC Office of the President
FELLOW | GABLER PROMISE SCHOLARS WRITING PROGRAM | SEPTEMBER 2019 – PRESENT
- Chosen by UCSB Writing Department for inaugural class to develop year-long writing project
- Developing project to research mass incarceration in the United States, to be presented in a journalistic multimedia series.
BLUE HORIZONS SUMMER PROGRAM FOR ENVIRONMENTAL MEDIA | JUNE 2019 – AUGUST 2019
- Created Cannabis Row, a short documentary about the cannabis industry in a small beach town in Santa Barbara county
- Mentored by professional documentary filmmakers in the art of storytelling and technical filmmaking elements
UCSB STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE | UC NATIONAL CENTER FOR FREE SPEECH AND CIVIC ENGAGEMENT| MARCH 2019
- Representative for conference attended by UC leaders and professional journalists regarding free speech on college campuses in Washington D.C.
- Participated in workshops with other student representatives across the UC system, and met with President Janet Napolitano to provide student input of the role of free speech on college campuses.
ROSEBUD STUDENT | SANTA BARBARA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL| SEPTEMBER 2019 – PRESENT
- One of ten college students in Santa Barbara County chosen to meet one on one daily with Roger Durling, director of the Santa Barbara International Film Festival
- Write film reviews and analyses while meeting with directors of newly released films
COMMUNICATIONS FIELD INTERN | JOSH HARDER FOR CONGRESS | JUNE 2018 – AUGUST 2018
- Worked within campaign’s public relations department
- Engaged community support by leading canvassing events
- Adobe Suite, particularly Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Audition, and After Effects
- Advanced knowledge of DSLR photography
- Lighting and audio for videography
- National Scholastic Press Association 2018 Broadcast Journalist of the Year
- National Scholastic Press Association 2018 Journalism Honor Roll Scholarship
- Stanislaus County 2019 Outstanding Young Woman of the Year